Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Look Mom, No Layers!!

(Click Photos to Enlarge)


Today's card is a one layer card, or no layer card.
It was fun to make and very simple. First, I cut
a scalloped circle using the Big Shot. Placed the
circle on the Bashful Blue card base and sponged around
it using Bashful Blue ink. Then sprayed with the color spritzer
tool and Not Quite Navy marker. Removed the circle.
Next, I used the XL Bird Punch featured in the current mini
catalog to make a stencil. Using a sponge dauber, I filled
in the stem with Olive and Artichoke, then lightly
inked the bird body with Suede and then heavily inked
the wing with Suede. The sentiment is from the Wings
of Friendship level two hostess set. The interior sentiment
is from the Messages for Mom mini catalog set.

I'm giving this at an upcoming swap and can't wait
to see what I get in return!

If you have any questions or would like to see a tutorial,
please let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

-- Jenny :0)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card and will certainly be casing the technique! Thanks for sharing
Karen
http://karenhaden.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails