Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Teacher Gifts and Treats!

I'm a fan of the Semi Homemade series with Sandra Lee
on the Food Network. You don't have to completely hand
make EVERYTHING - it can be semi homemade!

I often use this philosophy when crafting.
You can stamp on so many things and "dress up" almost
anything to make it more personal for the receiver of
your gift. It doesn't have to be expensive.
Thoughtful, personal and from the heart.



I got these cute little take out boxes from my local
Dollar Tree. I knew I had the perfect stamp set to
personalize them! I used the Patterned Pines hostess
stamp set from our current Holiday Mini Catalog!



The ink color was a little tricky and the picture doesn't do it
justice but it turned out to be a nice match. Those of you who
know me, know that I like to be very "matchy matchy"! I inked
my stamp with Blue Bayou first. I stamped off once then inked
Baja Breeze on top! (sorry, both colors are retired) Then I cut
the trees out and used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere to
Basic Grey tags using the Lg. Tag Punch. I tied them on with our
silver elastic cord, also featured in the mini.

Each box is filled with yummy Hersey Kisses for
Jack's teacher and class helpers!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Chloe's class was doing something pretty cool today.
Their class room was transformed into a Polar Express
train car. They got to wear jammies to school, drink hot
chocolate, read the book, watch the movie and do other
fun things related to the story. How cool! I wish they did
that kind of stuff when I was in school. Well, I couldn't resist
coordinating the Christmas Class treats with the theme for today!



I used the SU small cello bags filled with M&Ms. Printed
a quote from the movie. Punched the quote using the
Lg. Tag Punch and tied them on with
silver elastic cord and a silver bell.

The quote reads:

"There is no greater gift than friendship."
- Santa, The Polar Express

the back is signed Your Friend Chloe


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We got Chloe's teacher the Teacher's Pet
stamp set. It is super cute and hopefully will come in
handy when she is checking the mountain of work
completed in the first grade now a days! !


I wrapped the stamp set using a sheet of 12x12 Cottage Wall
DSP simply because I couldn't find my wrapping paper last
night. I may use this trick again though because it turned
out pretty cute! (matchy, matchy remeber?!) I finished it off
with some striped Old Olive ribbon and another silver bell.


The tag was cut from Confetti White card stock using
the Two Tags Die on the Big Shot. The snowflake stamp
is from the Patterned Pine hostess set and was stamped in
Basic Grey and spruced up with a little two-way glue and D.D.



I hope I gave you a little inspiration for those last minute gifts.
Any questions, just let me know! Have a Very Merry Christmas
and stop back soon - lots in store for the New Year!



-- Jenny :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails